Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Meme from Lady C.
1. Were you named after anyone?
2. When did you last cry?
the other night while watching "Intervention" on A&E
3. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Does tunafish count? I only eat seafood
4. What is your most embarrassing CD?
Don't think I have one
5. Where is your second home?
6. Do you trust others too easily?
7. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Rock collector kit
8. Would you bungee jump?
Not a chance in hell
9. Do you think that you are strong?
10. What are your favorite colors?
pale pink and celery green
11. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
way too emotional
12. Who do you miss most?
my grandpa who died almost 2 years ago and my best friend who moved to the other side of the country last year.
13. What was the last thing you ate?
shrimp louie salad
14. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
15. What is the weather like right now?
clear, bright blue sky, but cold.
16. Last person you talked to on the phone?
17. Do you wear contacts?
18. Last Movie You Watched?
19. Favorite Day of the Year?
I love Christmas
20. Where Would You Want to Go on your Next Vacation?
21. Favorite Smells?
hazelnut, vanilla, my husband's cologne, a good cigar, fresh rain
22. What’s the furthest you’ve been away from home?
Not sure...Toronto, maybe?
posted by Gabby Hey at 12:46 PM
Monday, November 07, 2005
I have so many random unconnected thoughts pinging around in my head lately, I've had a hard time stringing them together into coherent ideas. I feel as if I might be going through some sort of transformation. Of what kind, I'm not sure. I have this vague, but persisent feeling that I'm struggling with something, but I haven't come face to face with it yet. It's almost like a mild, fuzzy hangover...which, of course, it can't be since I'm coming up on 8 months of sobriety this week. It's an "I want more" feeling drumming in my mind, but not an unsatisfied or unhappy feeling. Actually, I'm feeling very happy and content in my little world right now, so it's hard to put my finger on.
Very strange. I was even contemplating giving up on my blog, because this restlessness has been preventing me from focusing on any single topic or idea for longer than a nanosecond. But I don't think that's the answer. And when I'm honest with myself and write what I'm really feeling, I find it incredibly therapeutic. Maybe that's what it is. I think I've been stunted lately. I think I've been allowing my virtual community to dictate a standard of behavior and list of rules to me that have prevented me from speaking with my true voice. The irony of it is that no one has done such a thing at all...I think it's been me all along. Hasn't it?
Well, anyway, whatever it is, I'm going to figure it out and fix it.
posted by Gabby Hey at 11:14 AM